We are still 4 days away from the beginning of October and I have already eaten some form of pumpkin everyday for the past 2 weeks. Let’s just say I love everything about Pumpkin:
- Pumpkins mean Halloween which means dressing up and eating ridiculous amounts of candy.
- Pumpkins represent the beginning of 3 months worth of Holidays.
- Pumpkin Patches are fun for everyone.
- Pumpkin carving brings out the artist in you.
- Pumpkins taste amazing (when combined with a few key ingredients).
What’s not to love? All you have to do is add a little sugar and spice to make your pumpkin taste nice. This “pumpkin pie” spice is actually just a combination of many spices that you already have in your kitchen cabinet. Yes, yes, you can buy “pumpkin pie spice” in the store, but what’s the fun in that? I promise you can make it in less time than it would take you to buy it at the store. And you will need to make this ASAP for the pumpkin recipes I have coming your way.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoons ground nutmeg
Mix them all together and pour them into a container (an empty spice jar works perfect!).
Use for all of your upcoming pumpkin adventures!
Want to get started on your pumpkin recipes already? Then check out this Pumpkin Apple Curry soup that I made.
What pumpkin dish are you dying to have this fall?