My pantry food needs from the US have slowly been dwindling, thank goodness. More room for clothes in my suitcase! One reason for less food importing is because a) I’ve figured out how to live without certain things and b) Switzerland has got with the times and now has more options. Currently there are really only two things I need regularly: corn tortillas and peanut butter. They sell both of these things, but they just aren’t the same. I asked my in-laws to bring us some natural peanut butter when they came to Europe over Christmas and Santa gave me four jars! A little more PB than I can eat before it expires, so I decided it was time to make something delicious and nutritious.
Well, it’s not necessarily nutritious, but it’s a nutritious version of the popular chocolate candy we know and love (and also cannot be found here in Switzerland). Peanut butter cups at their finest.
These are easy, finger-lickin’ good, and only have three natural ingredients.
You won’t ever need to import Reese’s (or go to the special American book store and pay a fortune) again. You can even use Swiss erdnussmus because the chocolate will help disguise its not-quite-right flavor.
There’s no baking involved, just melting and refrigerating!
Ahh, simply two great tastes that taste great together.
These would be a great dessert to go with the Winter Meal Plan! Check it out if you haven’t already! Gluten free, Dairy free, and Flavor FULL.
- 2 bars of 70% dark chocolate, 100 grams each
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- ½ cup // 135 grams 100% peanut butter
- Line a mini muffin tin with 12 mini muffin liners. In a double boiler on the lowest heat, melt the chocolate with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Place a small spoonful of melted chocolate into each muffin liner, just enough to cover the bottom. Place them in the freezer for a minute or two to get slightly hardened. Melt the last tablespoon of coconut oil and stir it into the peanut butter. Take the muffin tin out of the freezer and scoop a spoonful of peanut butter into each muffin liner. Spoon the leftover chocolate on top of the peanut butter, hopefully having enough to cover the peanut butter completely (but not to worry if it doesn’t- imperfection is pretty).
- Refrigerate or freeze until hardened, at least 30 minutes. Keep them refrigerated in an air tight container until ready to eat.